Hand and Upper Extremity
Specializing in treating injuries and conditions from the finger tips to the shoulder. We are passionate about using new techniques in shoulder replacement, carpal tunnel surgery, and fracture care,to improve the quality of life for patients.
We are extremely proud of the wide array of services we are able to offer our patients through Dr. Paterson; including:
• Total shoulder arthroplasty – new rotator cuff sparing technique accelerates and improves
recovery. More experience with reverse replacement than anyone in the area.
• Ultra-minimally invasive Carpal Tunnel release, and Trigger finger release
• All upper extremity trauma, including fractures, tendon lacerations, nerve lacerations
• Ultrasound guided shoulder injections and elbow tenotomy
Paul Paterson, MD
Paul Paterson, MD
Ambulatory Care Building
462 Grider Street
Buffalo, NY 14215
- Area of Specialization: Hand & Upper Extremity
- Special Procedures: Total Shoulder arthroplasty (reverse & anatomic), proximal humerus and distal radius fracture repair.
- Profile: Dr. Paterson has expertise treating injuries and conditions from the finger tips to the shoulder. He’s passionate about using new techniques in reverse and anatomic shoulder replacement surgery to improve the quality of life of his patients. Dr. Paterson is also actively involved in teaching and ongoing research & development for new total shoulder arthroplasty.
• Graduate of the State University of New York at Buffalo
• Master’s degree in Anatomy and Physiology at the University of Michigan
• M.D. from the University at Buffalo’s School of Medicine and Biomedical Science
• Hhand and upper extremity surgery Fellowship at Harvard Medical School
2009 Outstanding Clinical Faculty SUNY at Buffalo Orthopaedic Residency
2008 Outstanding Clinical Faculty SUNY at Buffalo Orthopaedic Residency
1990–1993 National Board of Medical Examiners, Parts I, II, III
1992 New York State Medical License
2002 ABOS certification
2013 ABOS recertification