Edward D. Simmons, MD
Dr. Simmons is a highly accomplished and respected spine surgeon who treats a wide range of spinal disorders, including disc herniations, spinal stenosis, spinal deformities, scoliosis, kyphosis, and other traumatic injuries of the spine. He is also training the next generation of spine surgeons through his role as professor at the State University of New York at Buffalo.
Education and Training
- Doctor of Medicine and Master of Surgery, McGill
- Master of Science, University of Toronto University
- Bachelor of Science, University of Toronto
- Residency: University of Toronto, Department of Orthopedic Surgery
- Canadian Back Institute and Orthopedic and Arthritic Hospital, Toronto
- Boston Children’s Hospital, and Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School
Accreditations and Associations
- Royal College of Surgeons, Canada
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Received RN Starr Medal for his research at the University of Toronto
- His work has appeared in over 40 publications in peer-review journals and 24 textbook chapters
- Named to the editorial board of Spine and Clinical Spinal Surgery
Research and Publications:
- Over 40 publications in peer-review journals and 24 textbook chapters.
- On the editorial board of Spine, and Clinical Spinal Surgery journals.
- Presented at over 200 national and international meetings.
- Please feel free to review our feature articles below.
Surgical Treatment of Patients With Lumbar Spinal Stenosis With Associated Scoliosis
Edward D. Simmons, MD, CM, MSc
Instability of the Cervical Spine and Neurological Involvement in Klippel-Feil Syndrome
A CASE REPORT*
BY J. E. HALL, M.D., E. D. SIMMONS, M.D., F.A.C.S.(C), K. DANYLCHUK, M.D., AND P. D. BARNES, M.D., BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS From the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Children's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston