COVID Update For Dr. Paterson
You may have heard about the recent COVID changes New York and Erie County have mandated regarding elective surgeries. I would like to reassure you that at this time, that my orthopedic offices remain open and ready to meet your healthcare needs.
If you currently have an appointment scheduled or plan to schedule an appointment with my clinical staff or me at any of our three (3) locations, please note the following:
• All three (3) offices are open for appointments.
• Scheduled appointments include office visits/follow-ups, in-office procedures, elective procedures in an ambulatory setting, and non-elective procedures in a hospital setting.
• If changes occur that will affect your scheduled appointment, our office staff will contact you directly by phone.
• If you need to schedule an appointment, the most convenient way is to visit our website and schedule online at: www.gppconline.com/scheduling.
• Please be sure to check your email, text, and automated phone messages that may arrive from our office for any additional or updated information regarding your appointment status.
• If you are experiencing any COVID symptoms or have tested positive, please DO NOT come to the office or hospital. However, you may call our office at 716.500.4263 and reschedule your appointment.
Be assured that we have implemented enhanced safety procedures to deliver the highest quality of care possible. We will continue to take every precaution necessary to keep our patients, staff, and patient community safe and healthy.
Thank you for trusting my team and me with your care.
About Carpal Tunnel
Announcing an innovative Carpal Tunnel syndrome treatment program Release and Relief
This program is designed to evaluate, and definitively treat patients with chronic carpal tunnel symptoms in 1 day! By using ultrasound for both diagnostic and therapeutic purposes we are now able to reliably and comfortably provide patients expedited symptom relief.
Take the Carpal Tunnel Assessment Quiz - Click Here
Join Us for a FREE Carpal Tunnel Seminar
Date: Tuesday, March 22, 2022
Time: 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Location: The Hyatt Amherst • 5020 Main St., Amherst, NY 14226
OR RSVP by Phone to: 716-669-2273
Registration required - Seating is limited
- Meet Dr. Paul Paterson
- View a demonstration of the Carpal Tunnel Procedure
- Q&A with Dr. Paterson and Patient
- Carpal Tunnel Screening
- Lite refreshments will be served
Presenter: Paul Paterson, MD
Live Release & Relief Carpal Tunnel Procedure
What is Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
Carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS) is a result of a chronic compression of the median nerve. Ninety percent of patients present with a classic story of numbness, pain, tingling in the median nerve distribution of the hand that is worse at night, while driving, or while reading a newspaper. Classic physical exam findings (Tinels and Phalens) combined with the above history make the CTS diagnosis greater than 80% probable.
While nonoperative treatment in the form of splints, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories, and injections can be useful in the first couple of months after symptom onset, symptoms greater than 6 months rarely respond adequately to nonoperative treatment. The chronic ischemia that results from nerve compression leads to irreversible intrinsic changes to the nerve. These intrinsic changes make it even more difficult to perfuse the nerve, and therefore symptoms can only be reliably relieved by nerve decompression. Several prospective randomized studies have demonstrated the superior efficacy of surgical versus nonsurgical treatment for CTS greater than 6 months duration.
To better understand Dr. Paterson's Carpel Tunnel procedure,
click on the image below to read the cover story in The Buffalo News.
Common Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) Symptoms
- Numbness, tingling, burning, and pain in the thumb, and index, ring and middle fingers
- Occasional shock-like sensations that radiate to the thumb and index, middle, and ring fingers
- Pain or tingling that may travel up the forearm toward the shoulder
- Weakness in the hand
What is the Release and Relief Program?
Release and Relief is a program designed to care for Carpel Tunnel Syndrome – Evaluation and Treatment in ONE Day.
If you have carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS) and are considering a surgical procedure, Micro-invasive Carpal Tunnel Release (CTR) with the SX-One MicroKnife® may be right for you. Developed by doctors at the Mayo Clinic, the SX-One MicroKnife® is the breakthrough device that allows ultrasound-guided CTR to be performed through a tiny incision.
Carpal Tunnel Pod Cast with Dr. Paterson
What is Carpal Tunnel and what treatment options are available. Find out how to End Carpal Tunnel Pain with a minimally invasive new procedure called “Release and Relief”.