WNY’s leading orthopedic surgery team.
When your bones, muscles, or joints experience chronic or excessive pain, surgery may be the ultimate solution. At General Physician, PC, our team of orthopedic surgeons are prepared to diagnosis and treat a wide range of musculoskeletal conditions.
Since every orthopedic situation is different, your provider will discuss all your options, so you can make an informed decision. If surgery is necessary, our surgeons will use minimally invasive procedures, whenever possible, to help speed up the recover process so you can return to your activities and lifestyle.
Our Orthopedic Specialties
Adult Joint Reconstruction/General Orthopedics
Provider: Dr. Joseph P. Falcone
Tackling both complex primary and revision surgery, and embracing the use of cutting edge technologies, Dr. Falcone integrates the doctrine of prevention in all of his treatment plans. With cutting-edge technologies such as, Custom Fit Knee Technology, Computer Assisted Surgery, Hip Resurfacing and Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS), Dr. Falcone is a leader in joint care in Upstate New York. Services Include:
- Primary Hip and Knee Replacement Surgery
- Complex Revision Hip and Knee Surgery
- Shoulder Replacement
- General Orthopaedics
- Hip Resurfacing
- Minimally Invasive Surgery -- Hip Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Surgery -- Knee Replacement
- Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopic Surgery
Hand and Upper Extremity
Provider: Dr. Paul Paterson
Treating injuries and conditions from the finger tips to the shoulder including new techniques in shoulder replacement, carpal tunnel surgery, and fracture care, to improve the quality of life for patients. We are extremely proud of the wide array of services we are able to offer, including:
- Total shoulder arthroplasty – new rotator cuff sparing technique accelerates and improves recovery. More experience with reverse replacement than anyone in the area.
- Ultra-minimally invasive Carpal Tunnel release, and Trigger finger release
- All upper extremity trauma, including fractures, tendon lacerations, nerve lacerations
- Ultrasound guided shoulder injections and elbow tenotomy
For more information on specific proceedures performed, FAQs and resources, please see Dr. Paterson's bio page
Provider: Dr. Edward Simmons
Treating a wide variety of spinal disorders including disc herniations, spinal stenosis, scoliosis and kyphosis, spondylolisthesis, fractures, and other spine trauma. Dr. Simmons treats all areas of the spine, including the cervical, thoracic and lumbar regions.
Surgical procedures include:
- Minimally invasive techniques
- Stabilization instrumentation and fusion
- Decompression of nerve impingement
- Correction of spinal deformity
- Artificial disc replacement.