WNY’s leading orthopedic surgery team.
When your bones, muscles, or joints experience chronic or excessive pain, surgery may be the ultimate solution. At General Physician, PC, our team of orthopedic surgeons are prepared to diagnosis and treat a wide range of musculoskeletal conditions.
Since every orthopedic situation is different, your provider will discuss all your options, so you can make an informed decision. If surgery is necessary, our surgeons will use minimally invasive procedures, whenever possible, to help speed up the recover process so you can return to your activities and lifestyle.
Our Orthopedic Specialties
Hand and Upper Extremity
Providers: Dr. Paul Paterson
Treating injuries and conditions from the finger tips to the shoulder including new techniques in shoulder replacement, carpal tunnel surgery, and fracture care, to improve the quality of life for patients. We are extremely proud of the wide array of services we are able to offer, including:
- Total shoulder arthroplasty – new rotator cuff sparing technique accelerates and improves recovery. More experience with reverse replacement than anyone in the area.
- Ultra-minimally invasive Carpal Tunnel release, and Trigger finger release
- All upper extremity trauma, including fractures, tendon lacerations, nerve lacerations
- Ultrasound guided shoulder injections and elbow tenotomy
For more information on specific proceedures performed, FAQs and resources, please see Dr. Paterson's bio page
Providers: Dr. Edward Simmons
Treating a wide variety of spinal disorders including disc herniations, spinal stenosis, scoliosis and kyphosis, spondylolisthesis, fractures, and other spine trauma. Dr. Simmons treats all areas of the spine, including the cervical, thoracic and lumbar regions.
Surgical procedures include:
- Minimally invasive techniques
- Stabilization instrumentation and fusion
- Decompression of nerve impingement
- Correction of spinal deformity
- Artificial disc replacement.