Dr. August Bruno, Jr., MD is board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology. Born and raised in Buffalo, Dr. Bruno, Jr. completed his medical school & residency training at the University of Buffalo School of Medicine. He treats all aspects of Women's Reproductive Health.
Dr. Bruno Jr. cares for both normal & high-risk obstetrical patients and manages all aspects of gynecologic care. He is trained in minimally invasive surgery, which includes robotic and laparoscopic treatment of complex gynecologic conditions such as uterine fibroids, advanced stage endometriosis, and pelvic organ prolapse.
His special interest and training are in managing urogynecology dysfunction and the surgical treatment of severe pelvic organ prolapse. He also has expertise in vaginal surgery for pelvic relaxation and pelvic reconstructive surgery.
Procedures/Areas of Interest
- Routine and High-Risk Obstetrical Patients
- Gynecologic Surgery, Including Open/Laparotomy, Laparoscopic and Vaginal Surgery
- Surgical Management of Pelvic Floor Prolapse for Advanced/Severe Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Minimally Invasive Surgery Including Robotic & Laparoscopic Treatment of gynecologic disorders (Fibroids / Endometriosis/ Ovarian cysts / Pelvic Organ Prolapse) & Vaginal Pelvic Floor Repair
- MD Cum Laude from the University at Buffalo School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
- Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics & Gynecology F.A.C.O.G.
- Specialty Training in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University at Buffalo and UB-affiliated hospitals
- Assistant Clinical Professor of OB/GYN at UB
- Diplomat of the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fellow in the American College of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Member of the Buffalo Gynecologic and Obstetric Society and Serving as former Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer of the Organization
- (1995-2004) at Catholic Health’s Mercy Hospital of Buffalo Women’s Health Clinic, served as Director for Seven Years.
- Oishei Children's Hospital
- Buffalo General Medical Center
- Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital
- Catholic Health System Physician Efficiency Award 2019 & 2020
- Catholic Health System Physician Award for Patient Satisfaction 2019
- Sister's of Charity Resident Teaching Award in Obstetrics & Gynecology 2017 & 2019
- 1994 SUNY @ Buffalo Ob/Gyn Resident Buffalo Gynecologic & Obstetric Society Award for Overall Academic & Clinical Excellence
- 1995 Vincent J Capraro, MD Award for Academic & Clinical Excellence
- Research Involving c-myc Oncogene Mutations and Cancer/Lymphoma at the University of Rochester/Strong Memorial Hospital Department of Immunology