Dr. Balaya is a board-certified OBGYN with more than 20 years of experience caring for women in all stages of life. He delivers babies at OiShei Children’s Hospital.
- Diploma, OBGYN, The State University of New York at Buffalo
- Doctor of Medicine, Damascus University Faculty of Medicine
- Chief Resident Teaching Award, OBGYN SUNY Buffalo
- Segal Award, Highest Teaching Award for Medical Students, SUNY Buffalo
- Best Research Award, Annual Lutheran Conference
- A Comparative Study of Endothelial Cell Injury During Open and Endoscopic Saphenectomy: An Electron Microscopic Evaluation; The Heart Surgery Forum.
- Saphenous Vein Endothelial Cell Viability: A Comparative Study of Endoscopic and Open Method of Saphenous Vein Harvesting in CABG.