Julie has over 25 years of extensive experience in dietetics, as an inpatient and outpatient dietitian, and 11 years as a preceptor for D’Youville College dietetics students at various local hospitals. Additionally, Julie has experience working as a maternity dietitian, focusing on the complex needs of women during routine and high-risk pregnancies.
She is a certified diabetes care and education specialist and specializes in individualized nutrition counseling for those with diabetes, chronic kidney disease, gastrointestinal disorders, and weight loss management goals.
When educating her patients, Julie is passionate about stressing the timely philosophy that food is medicine to promote sound nutritional advice. She strongly believes that adopting healthy eating habits along with lifestyle changes can help prevent, treat, or potentially reverse many chronic diseases and conditions. She empowers her patients to take an active role in improving and managing their health.
- Bachelor of Science, Dietetics, State University of New York Buffalo State College
- Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist (CDCES)
- American Association of Diabetes Educators, WNY Chapter, Acting Board Secretary
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- American Diabetes Association
- Rachael Warrior Foundation