Karen provides family history screening, genetic counseling and testing for Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer and Lynch Syndromes. In addition she provides post test counseling and ongoing follow up counseling as families and patients need.
Bachelors of Nursing Science, minor in Spanish, Certificate in Latin American International Studies, Ohio State University.
Masters of Science, Nurse Practitioner in Family Medicine, SUNY at Buffalo.
- Adjunct faculty at Daemen College since 1998
- SUNY @ UB school of Medicine since 1999.
- Teaching at the School of Pharmacy at UB for 3 years
- Karen is also a Breast Cancer educator at Sisters of Charity Hospital since 2013. She has written a series of pre surgical education pamphlets that are provided to breast cancer patients at the pre-surgical evaluation appointment to help them prepare for the surgery and better anticipate their post operative restrictions and care needs from family members.
- She is also a public speaker covering topics such as breast cancer early detection and screening as well as genetic screening for high risk individuals. She has presented at The Breast Cancer Network and Hadassah (a large Jewish women's service organization), as well as presentations at several community organizations and church groups.
Article in the Buffalo News October 2015 special section on Breast Cancer.