Kelly has over 25 years of experience in the Health and Wellness field and extensive experience providing nutritional counseling. Kelly has degrees in Nutrition, Exercise Science, and Adult Education and is currently working on her Doctorate in Clinical Nutrition at Rutgers University.
She is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Certified Diabetes Care & Education Specialist, Integrative & Functional Nutrition Certified Practitioner, Nutrigenomics Certified, ACSM Certified Exercise Physiologist, and Personal Trainer and Wellcoaches Certified Health & Wellness Coach. She worked as a clinical dietitian in acute care for over a decade and taught at the collegiate level for almost eight years.
In 2018 she started the outpatient nutrition department at General Physician, PC and developed, implemented, and oversees the ADCES accredited diabetes program. In addition, she lectures locally and nationally on women’s health, sports nutrition, diabetes, healthy eating, and stress management.
Kelly traveled nationally for over a decade presenting health and fitness certification preparatory courses for the Aerobic Fitness Association of America and the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM). She also sat on the advisory board to develop and implement ACSM’s first personal training certification and has also worked as a Pilates and Fitness instructor.
Kelly follows a whole food plant-based diet and tries to help clients implement a whole foods approach to eating. To help clients achieve their goals and optimal wellbeing, Kelly focuses on a combination of nutrition, fitness, and wellness coaching. She believes in getting back to the basics and that eating healthy should be practical, sensible, and easy to follow. As a former marathon runner, Kelly practices what she teaches with her family at home by eating healthy, walking, and practicing yoga. Her philosophy or wise words to her patients: Your health is in your hands!
- *Doctorate in Clinical Nutrition (DCN), Nutrition and Dietetics, Rutgers University
- Master of Science, Adult Education/Health and Wellness, Buffalo State College
- Bachelor of Science, Nutrition/Coordinated Dietetics Program for Registered Dietitian, Buffalo State College
- Bachelor of Science, Exercise Science, State University of New York at Buffalo
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
- Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist
- Certified Dietitian Nutritionist
- Certified WellCoaches Health & Wellness Coach
- Integrative Functional Nutrition Certified Practitioner
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Certified Exercise Physiologist
- ACSM Certified Personal Trainer
- Certificate of Training in Adult & Pediatric Weight Management
- Certificate of Training in Plant Based Nutrition (eCornell)
- Monash University Fodmap diet Certificate of Training
- American College of Lifestyle Medicine (ACLM) Lifestyle Medicine for Coaches Certified
- 3x4 Foundations in Nutrigenomics Certified