Dr. Paul Paterson
Take the Carpal Tunnel Assessment Quiz - Click Here
About Paul Paterson, MD
A hand and upper extremity specialist, Dr. Paterson has expertise treating injuries and conditions from the finger tips to the shoulder. He performs procedures such as total shoulder arthroplasty (reverse and anatomic), proximal humerus, and distal radius fracture repair. He’s passionate about using new surgical techniques to improve the quality of life of his patients. Dr. Paterson is also actively involved in teaching, research, and development for new total shoulder arthroplasty.
Education and Training
- Doctor of Medicine, State University of New York at Buffalo
- Master’s in Anatomy and Physiology at the University of Michigan
- Bachelor of Science, State University of New York at Buffalo
- Fellowship in hand and upper extremity surgery, Harvard Medical School
Meet the Doctor
Accreditations and Associations
- National Board of Medical Examiners, Parts I, II, III
- New York State Medical License
- ABOS certification
- ABOS recertification
- Outstanding Clinical Faculty SUNY at Buffalo Orthopaedic Residency (2008, 2009)
National Center of Excellence
In 2019, Dr. Paterson was recognized for his expertise and superior results performing micro-invasive carpal tunnel surgery by Sonex Health Inc. His office was designated as the first Center of Excellence for micro-invasive carpal tunnel release using the SX-One MicroKnife and real-time ultrasound guidance in the United States.
Dr. Paterson is currently the only surgeon in the region offering this micro-invasive solution to carpal tunnel. Dr. Paterson can diagnose and treat patients in a single visit. Using this "Release and Relief" procedure, patients can return home with no stiches, no lengthy recovery, and in many cases they are pain free in a day or two.