- Fellowship, Advanced Therapeutic Endoscopy, The Ochsner Clinic Foundation, New Orleans
- Fellowship, Gastroenterology, The Graduate Hospital, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia
- Chief Medical Resident, The Graduate Hospital, MCP Hahnemann School of Medicine, Philadelphia
- Residency, Internal Medicine, The Graduate Hospital, MCP Hahnemann School of Medicine, Philadelphia
- Doctor of Medicine, Universidad Iberoamericana, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Gastroenterology
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- 2007-2008 ASGE Scholarship for Advanced Fellows, DAVE Project/Massachusetts General Hospital
- ACG National Fellows Forum Award
- Guth Humanistic Award, The Graduate Hospital, MCP Hahnemann School of Medicine, Philadelphia
- Resident of the Year, The Graduate Hospital, MCP Hahnemann School of Medicine, Philadelphia
- Jhamb S, Decker C, Romero R, Rivera RE, Conway WC. Intrahepatic stones from congenital biliary dilatation. Ochsner J. 2015; 15(1).
- Kanth R, Samji NS, Inaganti A, Komanapalli SD, Rivera R, Antillon MR, Roy PK, Rivera RE. Endotherapy in symptomatic pancreas divisum: a systematic review. Pancreatology. 2014; 14(4).
- Peifer KJ, Shiels AJ, Azar R, Rivera RE, Eagon JC, Jonnalagadda S. Successful endoscopic management of gastrojejunal anastomotic strictures after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass.Gastrointest Endosc. 2007; 66(2).
- Rivera RE, Eagon JC, Soper NJ, Klingensmith ME, Brunt LM. Experience with laparoscopic gastric resection: results and outcomes for 37 cases. Surg Endosc. 2005; 19(12).