Dr. Richard Charles
Richard Charles, M.D. is Chief Medical Officer for General Physician, P.C. and currently serves as the Chairman of the Physician Leadership Board for Optimum Physician Alliance. He is an American Board of Internal Medicine certified practicing physician with over 20 years of experience. A University at Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences summa cum laude graduate, Dr. Charles completed his residency training with the University at Buffalo and its affiliated hospitals. Prior to obtaining his M.D., he earned his Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy from the University at Buffalo summa cum laude.
Dr. Charles has dedicated his internal medicine practice to improving patients’ health by seeking out the best practices in preventative measures and chronic care management. In doing so, he engages specialty and nutrition providers and pharmacy services to deliver comprehensive care. He has led numerous organizational growth and Quality initiatives since joining General Physician, P.C. For Dr. Charles, the ultimate goal is to improve the health of the population by improving the quality and efficiency of care delivery for his patients within the overall healthcare system. Dr. Charles is an active community member and entrepreneur engaged in owning and managing Dairy Queens.
- Residency, Internal Medicine, State University of New York at Buffalo, Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
- Doctor of Medicine, State University of New York at Buffalo, Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Summa Cum Laude
- Bachelor of Science and Pharmacy, State University of New York at Buffalo, School of Pharmacy, Summa Cum Laude
- American College of Physicians
- Medical Society of New York State
- Best-In-Class Top Performer, BlueCross BlueShield, BestPractice Program
- Top Doctors in WNY:2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, Castle Connelly
- Top 50 Health Care Providers of Western New York, Business First
- Independent Health Association Top 10 Quality
- Patient Choice Award
- Who’s Who in Medicine
- “Vaccinating Adults, NYSIIS Usage and Benefits,” The Annual Western New York Adult Immunization Coalition Meeting, New York State Association of County Health Officials (NYSACHO) and the Western NY Adult Immunization Coalition, Terry Hills, Batavia, NY, October 10, 2019.
- “Using a TEAM Philosophy to Advance Healthcare”, Keynote Address, 2018 Eastern States Conference for Pharmacy Residents and Preceptors, Hershey, PA, 7 May 2018.
- Charles, R.E.; Izzo, J.L.:Hypertension Primer Second Edition. Izzo, J.L. and Black, H.R., editors:Comprehensive Management of Hypertension Insert, August 1998.
- Chairman, Physician Leadership Board, Optimum Physician Alliance