Dr. Thomas Suchy is dual board certified in anesthesiology and pain medicine. After medical school, he completed both a residency in anesthesiology at Yale University and fellowship in pain medicine at the Cleveland Clinic. He was mentored by world-renowned physicians Dr. Paul Barash at Yale and Drs. Nagy Mekhail, Richard Rosenquist, and Jianguo Cheng of the Cleveland Clinic. His fellowship training gave him experience with the full breadth of chronic pain management including evidence-based multimodal analgesics, cutting-edge interventional procedures and the latest technologies for spinal cord stimulation. Dr. Suchy’s goal is to usher in a new direction for pain medicine to Western New York and help patients reclaim their lives from chronic pain.
- Pain Management Fellowship, Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Anesthesiology Residency, Yale University School of Medicine
- Internal Medicine Internship, State University of New York at Buffalo
- Medical Doctorate, State University of New York at Buffalo, Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Science, Biology, Summa Cum Laude, State University of New York at Geneseo
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine
- American Academy of Pain Medicine
- Resident Mentor, Yale-New Haven Hospital Department of Anesthesiology
Presentations & Publications
- Thorp S, Suchy T, Vadivelu N, Helander E, Urman R, Kaye A. Functional Connectivity Alterations: A Novel Therapy and Future Implication in Chronic Pain Management. Manuscript peer reviewed and accepted for future publication.
- Suchy T, Xu J. “A Multimodal Approach to Post Herpetic Neuralgia Associated with Severe Pruritus.” Oral presentation/exhibit: American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine Fall Meeting; 2017 November 16-18. Orlando, Florida.
- Kaye AD, Helander EM, Vadivelu N, Lumermann L, Suchy T, Rose M, Urman RD. Consensus Statement for Clinical Pathway Development for Perioperative Pain Management and Care Transitions. Pain and Therapy. 2017 August 29: 1-3.
- Vadivelu N, Chang D, Lumermann L, Suchy T, Burg MM, Fontes ML. Management of Patients on Abuse-Deterrent Opioids in the Ambulatory Surgery Setting. Current pain and headache reports. 2017 February 1;21(2):10.
- Suchy T, Sekhar R. “Recurrent pain of the groin and buttock related to posterior femoral cutaneous neuralgia.” Oral presentation/exhibit presented at the American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine Fall Meeting; 2015 November 19-21. Miami, Florida.
- Suchy T. “IV Acetaminophen: Playing a role in postoperative pain.” Presentation at Yale-New Haven Hospital, Post Anesthesia Care Unit. 2014 November 5. New Haven, Connecticut.