Dr. Zhen (James) Wang is passionate about oncology and patient care. His clinical and research within the Great Lakes Cancer Care network focuses on gastrointestinal malignancies including colorectal, pancreatic, hepatobiliary, esophageal and gastric cancers. He is principal investigator on multiple gastrointestinal trials currently open at Great Lakes Cancer Care / UB. www.greatlakescancercare.org/cancer-services/. He is also board certified in hematology and provides consultation for patients with both benign and malignant hematological issues. Outside of patient care and clinical research he actively participates in medical education of the fellows and residents.
- Fellowship, Hematology/Oncology, Maimonides Cancer Center, Brooklyn, New York
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, Newark, New Jersey
- Doctor of Medicine, Mercer University School of Medicine, Macon, Georgia
- Bachelor of Science, Computer Science, Georgia State University, Atlanta, Georgia
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Society of Hematology
- Chief Fellow, Hematology/Oncology, Maimonides Cancer Center, Brooklyn
- Comparison of treatment outcomes in patients with metastatic lung cancer who did or did not develop EGFR T790M mutation. Zhen Wang, Jason Sandler, Kevin Shieh, Lan Mo, Yiwu Huang, William B. Solomon, Kevin Douglas Becker, and Yiqing Xu. Journal of Clinical Oncology 2020 38:15_suppl, e21658-e21658
- Wang Z, et al. “Autologous Stem Cell Transplantation as a Treatment Modality for Type 1 Cryoglobulinemia in Monoclonal Gammopathy of Renal Significance.” Blood 128.22 (2016): 5835. Web. 24 January 2017.
- Wang, Zhen, et al. “A Study of Adherence to Restrictive RBC Transfusion and 30 Day Patient Outcomes.” Blood 128.22 (2016): 5037. Web 24 January 2017.
- Zhen, Wang, et al. “Golimumab Induced CNS, Pulmonary, and Cardiac Sarcoidosis - A Case Report and Literature Review.” American Journal of Medical. Case Reports 4.9 (2016): 298-300.
- Duma N, Wang Z, et al. Bone Marrow Involvement the Initial Presentation of Breast Cancer. American Journal of Medical Case Reports 3, no. 6 (2015): 177-180.
- Duma N, Wang Z, et al. Not all myeloid sarcomas have a liquid friend! Myeloid sarcoma of the sacrum accompanied by severe myelofibrosis. Journal of Case Reports in Practice (JRCP) 2015; 3(3): 43-45.